Blogging on Blogger

Why do I blog on Blogger?  Doesn't Blogger suck?

I have tried a variety of different blogging platforms - Wordpress, Tumblr, Scriptogram, Calepinand the now defunct Posterous and and there's probably some others in there also.

I decided it doesn't matter. I decided what does matters is the content. I decided the more there was to mess with (Wordpress, Tumblr) the more I messed with, and the less I wrote. I realized that the harder it was to post and format posts the way I wanted (Posterous, Calepin) the less I would wrote.

Blogger isn't perfect - and the mobile app and the web app certainly don't behave nicely together - but for the most part, it works and I've been writing more, which I think is the most important component of a blog. So while my content might not be the best stuff to read/watch, at least I can say that this is what I did. I didn't browse for hours looking for a blog template or fiddle with settings until things were perfect - I just blogged.

So yes, I agree that Blogger does suck in a lot of ways, but I write more on it, so it works for what I'm doing.